Sunday, September 11, 2005

The American Civil War 1861-1865

The army of one country divided and separated over the issue of rights and freedom of people. Color the issue, slavery the freedom for those suppressed. Unfortunately for many that died or just fought in the war was the direct result in "it was something to do". Many young men and women when confronted with such happenings in the world do react because it seems like a thing to do. Don't take me wrong most answer the call based on cause and issue, but there are always those that perhaps out of boredom or similar feelings get involved.

I volunteered for Vietnam not because I was out to free the South Vietnamese. I just figured that I was nineteen and life was at a standstill so why not. Probably alot of those kids back in 1861 did the same. To this day I feel I acted correctly but I will say once there I was glad for doing it. I know I felt more glad when I got home. Sure I complained and hated being there but everyone spoke the same language. We all sounded the same in our letters home. Most never really spoke too much about dangers and stuff. I guess we figured there wasn't much point in raising peoples blood pressure. I'm sure the armies of blue and gray, north and south, were formed no differenly with kids that had time to kill.

I want to continue this "BLOG" with your help. Let me here from you. Tell me if you had family in the Civil War or family in any war. As of this writing I am listening to a 9-11 ceremony on TV. How sad for all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home